View Poll Results: Do you vote for Eagleking or Twisteddragon
Eagleking 14 73.68%
Twisteddragon 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 61 26-05-2003 , 11:22 PM
drat... i just want some votes.. if i lose.. i dont want to lose badlyuser added image. I guess ill have more time to work on my other projects.. too bad i had such a good idea for the 3rd part...

# 62 27-05-2003 , 04:47 AM
I voted for myself cuz you voted for yourself.
thats only fair

# 63 27-05-2003 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
Hey, great effort user added image. Now that both final renders are in, you can vote on the models user added image. just letting people know so they are not confused.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 64 27-05-2003 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
vote for meuser added image

well, to be honest i was really undecicive ( if that is a word - did not know for whom to vote). as adl pointed out, take it as a man. i tried not to get influenced by eagles great background - but that together with your "vote for me" made me vote for eagleking.

# 65 27-05-2003 , 12:01 PM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
i tried not to get influenced by eagles great background - but that together with your "vote for me" made me vote for eagleking.

1. thanks for the vote user added image
2. great background. thank you but what about the model user added image dont forget. this is my fourth model ever so I cant be a prof

# 66 27-05-2003 , 12:31 PM
where did you get that background from btw?If thats your fourth ever model then I doubt that you made that background...

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 67 27-05-2003 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber
If I am not mistaken it looks like paint effects on an image plane to me. Rather nice bubbles through paint effects as Tweak showed so nicely on his crab. It works so well as the lighting suits the colour.

Last edited by Witchy; 27-05-2003 at 12:38 PM.
# 68 27-05-2003 , 04:22 PM
the background is no image. dont missunderstand it.

all in the bg is made with the paint tool.
but I think I used the paint tool really good user added image

# 69 27-05-2003 , 04:35 PM
whats paint tool? I dont use maya. Seems very handy.... I was thinking of taking bryce and using a background in that but it felt a little dishonest because that does everything for you.

well it looks like you won. no biggie, hopefully we will get a rematch in the next tournementuser added image.
I shoudlnt have split up my work between so many projects and concentrated on just one.

# 70 27-05-2003 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber
Paint effects is included in Maya. It has lots of preset brushes and you can make your own. You can create plants, rocks etc without having to model them. It's defintely on my list of things to learn to do properly. The Maya 4 fundamentals book has a good tutorial on it, must do that one 8).

# 71 27-05-2003 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
It does look really awesome eagle-

H!

# 72 27-05-2003 , 05:38 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by EagleKing
1. thanks for the vote user added image
2. great background. thank you but what about the model user added image dont forget. this is my fourth model ever so I cant be a prof

i did not forget the model. there were some little issues with yours - the hard edge in the middle. but very good for your forth model. as i mentioned earlier i could not decide if i prefer your model or black robes. and painting a nice background (or for your case "modeled" in 3d with pfx) made your final render look great on top of the model user added image

# 73 27-05-2003 , 06:02 PM
black robe? black robe is in another topic.
I am battling twisteddragon.

# 74 27-05-2003 , 07:43 PM
yeah.. dont woorry, noone remembers me,

I think selfishly my model was a little better than yours.. no hard edges or anything very smooth. But your background deffinitly pulled you ahead. congrats though.

# 75 27-05-2003 , 07:46 PM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
yeah.. dont woorry, noone remembers me,

I think selfishly my model was a little better than yours.. no hard edges or anything very smooth. But your background deffinitly pulled you ahead. congrats though.

Damn. You trully are a bad loser.

Did you by any chance see my battle with Brian? He frigging blazed me, and I did not start all this nagging mate. Again, take it like a man, or don´t battle at all. At the end what mattered was the final render. Not the model.

<adldesigner´s stops grumbling at the screen as people around him are starting to stare at him (@University´s Lab)>