SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Programming / Writing Script for baking FK-Controllers to Locators for Spaceswitching

Programming MEL Scripts, Expressions & Programming Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

25-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
fifoux

Writing Script for baking FK-Controllers to Locators for Spaceswitching
Hello everyone,
first time posting here and I would really appreciate your help.
Iím writing one of my first scripts in MEL and I encountering a problem. The idea of the script is that you can select a chain of FK-Controllers (like a tail for example) bake them to locators that are connected with constraints so you can animate these in worldspace and bake them back.

Both Script parts work allright when I execute them seperatly but when I try to access them with the UI I wrote may gives me this error:
// Error: line 0: No object matches name: //

Can anyone tell me where the error happens? Iím quiet lost because itís telling me itís the line 0

This is the script:

Last edited by fifoux; 11-03-2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Wanting to delete thread but dont know how

Tags
animation , mel , spaceswitching