Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-11-2008 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber

image empty when batch render

Hi there again, user added image

I came across a wierd render problem. I've got a particle simulation and everything is working fine. My particles are blobby surface and I'm using the dielectric material. When I render in maya to check I get an image (1st attachment) when I batch the whole sequence there is a hole where my particles should be... Same problem with mia material. When checking the alpha in maya render window I noticed that it doesn't exist for my particles, but the alpha channel is checked in render globals?

any help would be great thanks

Attached Thumbnails

www.animateme.me.uk
# 2 04-11-2008 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber
this is how the same image looks when coming out of the batch render (the E and ground plane are disabled in the image above)

Attached Thumbnails

www.animateme.me.uk
# 3 04-11-2008 , 12:31 PM
Not too sure but have you got, now this is off the top of my head, "pass custom surface to something" checked in the mental ray tab, its near the bottom somewhere??

Might be it?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 04-11-2008 , 04:06 PM
Subscriber
hey thanks,

I don't think that was the reason, I suppose you mean where you can check pass custom alpha, z etc channel.
It's really wired I didn't change anything, all the MR materials on particles don't produce an alpha... or anything at all as soon as I batch....

thanks anyway

www.animateme.me.uk