Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-05-2004 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber

Sword tutorial...

Hi,
I downloaded the "Sword texturing" tutorial a long time ago.
Now I come back to it, I cannot find the "Model scene" (the curves and handle etc)
Could you please tell me if they came zipped with the tutorial (In which case I have lost them) or are they elsewhere on the site? [Not found them myself so-far]

Regards Scraggy

# 2 08-05-2004 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
Ok - I realize now - there is a modelling tutorial - also - they are included with the texturing one.... Scraggy delete post if u want

# 3 10-05-2004 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
Ok - I'm glad you did not delete the post because I am trying my best to follow along without the files....

I have modelled the sword reasonably well, but now I'm onto texturing part 1 - This calles for a "Blank Tiff" file - Now because I don't have the textures supplied with the tutorial - I have been using my own... BUT the silver shader is not showing through enough... It may be because i made my "Blank" "Tiff" wrong...

I have tried twice creating in Photoshop - 1st one had a white background and the second had a transparent background...
But it still seems wrong? any iseas how to create a blank "Tiff" like in the tutorial?

Regards Scraggy

(I think I will try with a black background and see what happens)