Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 08-01-2010 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by legendofzombi
ohh...i vaguely remember seeing this guy....somewhere i don't recall if it was here, or on your site. While i woudl say the model its self is pretty good, I must say i like the concept and design of the new guy much better...

the two things i like th emost abou tthe new guy , obviously his chinsticals, and the other thing, is the monical chain flesh dripping from his left eye....Not sure why, but i like that feature in him....

G-man

I agree. Its interesting to hear about the improvement, I look at some stuff I made last year,well, in 2008 now, and think ive come a fairly satisfactory distance, where could I be in a few years. I would say I think Id be half pleased if I did that though (the blue guy from 2004).

# 77 08-01-2010 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber
...I've never felt more like a stoner, then i did when i read that Jay..><
I'm....I'm going to cry now....
<----runs away sobbing pathetically.

Nah, in all seriousness... I'll be glad when I'm not all doped up from the failed attempts at pissing gravel....Hate the way it feels....the drugs and the gravel pissing!.....

Jay, bro, i got it, fly me over to the UK this weekend, and take me out drinking somewhere....I'm sure to piss the rocks out then, right?!...

It's getting bad, i haven't worked my day job in two weeks, i'ma have a 0$ pay check next Friday....Bah!..

Model is looking good, aside form some form of red round growth on the side of his head....looks like he went to France circa 1942 or something? Heh.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 78 08-01-2010 , 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Oh man, that chin....it'll make an awesome stress toy. I'm really liking the detailing Jay.

- Genny
# 79 08-01-2010 , 06:51 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Thanks Guys n Gal

Gen:

I had to read that twice (its 6.30 ish here in the morning so I have a good excuse) I thought you wrote 'sex toy' first - my eyes are like pies today...but yeah a stress toy would be kind cool with that chin

laters

Jay

# 80 08-01-2010 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
LmAo, Bro, i was just thinking, " Damn, he's up early today"..
then i realized " Hell I'm up later'n crap"....
course, i never sleep so..LoL
Non the less, at-least it wasn't me who missed a detail this time!!!!
G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 81 08-01-2010 , 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jay
Thanks Guys n Gal

Gen:

I had to read that twice (its 6.30 ish here in the morning so I have a good excuse) I thought you wrote 'sex toy' first - my eyes are like pies today...but yeah a stress toy would be kind cool with that chin

laters

Jay

LOL, well it is pretty testabulous :p

- Genny
# 82 08-01-2010 , 01:50 PM
Someone do me a favour....

can someone email me the image I posted with 4 heads on. We have a very strict surf control here that doesnt always allow images.

Cheers
Jay

# 83 08-01-2010 , 04:19 PM
Thanks GioChrono

# 84 08-01-2010 , 05:24 PM
Jay dude,

This it turning out to be an awesome bit of work!

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 85 08-01-2010 , 11:43 PM
Steve you noobie mod

how's things?

Thanks for the kind words mate, yeah it seems to be going okay , now need to sort the body!

cheers

Jay

# 86 09-01-2010 , 02:43 PM
Hey Man,

Fine thanks, sittin in the snow!

Hows things with yourself? Hope alls well!

# 87 09-01-2010 , 06:06 PM
Yeah good mate, you'll freeze your ring if you sit in it too long

been snowball fighting with my girls today in the garden, it just wont stop!! I want to get out fishing for christ sakes but all the lakes are frozen over, looks like I'll have to wait until February.

Anyway yeah been doing this model and trying to get new renders out for Outlaws next page, just time isnt allowing me lots right now due to work...us VFX guys work hard, coffee n cake all day followed by end of themonth p*** ups!! I dunno

Best

Jay

# 88 09-01-2010 , 06:23 PM
Haha Fishing you nutter!

One of my mates wanted to have acrack on the canal, would haveto break the ice first, think that he wanted to give his hip flask a go myself!

Sounds like your having a great time there! Coffee, cake and booze superb, but your missing one thing, Pies!! Looking forward to outlaws!

I'm sorting stuff out for this coming term, Its mostly there and should be good fun, the stress finishes at the end of June for us, exams done, and marks are in !

Been getting right into fluids and effects stuff, having really good fun with it all. Got to calibate the mocap system next week which is a pain, but all good fun.

Got a mind to see if I can get time to make osme organic models, want to do a "Brunel in his clasic pose" heres a link, https://forromancereaders.files.wordp...05/brunel1.jpg should be fun in Z mainly to keep my chops up!

Have fun!

Cheers

Steve

# 89 09-01-2010 , 06:38 PM
uuurrrrgh dont mention the pies, Ive had a skinfull over christmas, and prior to that, our dept went out for christmas lunch, with a load of other VFX supervisors and normal dudes at work and got totally hammered, Me and my supervisor did 3 bottles of wine between us, then after a two hour lunch staggerd back to work, and one of the girls bought 3 big boxes of mince pies with cognac and brandy cream, jesus it was a mean afternoon!! It was then followed by one of my french colleagues pulling a bottle of Urbon whisky and cuban cigars from his draw followed by more pie then the chrsitmas work party...wot a day!!

Anyway the cognac cream got left in the fridge over christmas and promptly split open this week and stunk the entire kitchen out, it was like cats vomit in the fridge all lumpy with a hint of green in there, felt sorry for the runner who had to do his duty and clean it up - hats off to him!!

Look forward to seeing some z work mate, great image!!

Jay

# 90 09-01-2010 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
....Dude....thats how your christmas parties go over there?....
I have got to move to the U.K.!!!!!!
ours are.well like this
Step one, H.R. lady comes into room...
Step two ...Santa clause ( the janitor ) follows her
Step three..They both whisper merry christmas to everyone individually
Step Four....we each get a candy cane
and the entire time...we never stopped working..
>.<

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!