Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-03-2008 , 11:23 PM

Ncloth? and low poly modelling/high poly rendering?

hey, im making a ninja that im goign to do a 2 minute animation with. i want to know, if i give him a cloth bandana, will it significantly affect rendering times?

and also, how can i animate using a low poly model, but then use the high poly model when i want to render?

# 2 21-03-2008 , 11:26 PM
cloth shouldn't affect rendering time at all... running the simulation while playing back the animation in maya for the first time might be slowed, though.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 22-03-2008 , 05:44 AM
Subscriber
Just remember to keep caching you cloth simulation so you can animate faster.

Chris

# 4 22-03-2008 , 02:37 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I would bind the ncloth to the rig so it doesn't need to solve that much(at least that is what i would do now i used to keep caching which costs eventually hours..)

# 5 22-03-2008 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
I personally would complete your animation before going near nCloth simulation. Then cache out your geometry and start to work on the cloth simulation from there.

Chris

# 6 22-03-2008 , 07:42 PM
this is tricky. ive managed to make one half, and it reacts well, but then i made another one on the same nucleus as it deforms so that parts of it turn black, almost as if the uvs are moving and the texture is swimming.

i also dont even know what a cache is, and google isnt helping, i think ill do the animation first and then add cloth in after if i have time