Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-07-2005 , 08:37 AM

Egg Texture

I thought it would be fairly easy to model and texture an egg.

Which is why I chose it as my first Maya model project.

However I seem to be failing miserably at producing a realistic eggshell shader, or texture.

I wonder if anyone could give me some pointers, please.

Any help is very much appreciated.

# 2 31-07-2005 , 02:18 AM
Subscriber
Hmm, sorry from lack of replys. I definently would have thought you would have gotten some help.

I would use bump maps, just to dip your feet into texturing. Also, a palish white texture map as well. Then if you really wanted to get into it, look into something called specularity maps.

# 3 31-07-2005 , 09:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

I managed to knock a photoshop texture up. Although it;s a flat texture it seems to render quite well.

I will try your suggestions for a more realistic texture, but at the moment what I managed to knock up renders quite well.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.

# 4 01-08-2005 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
Sure, anytime. Actually, I might even do a egg model now, just to brush up on my bump map skillz, which suck by the way.

# 5 23-08-2005 , 01:45 AM
Whew! You think you suck? I don't even know how to set the depth of a bump map!!

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.