Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-04-2006 , 07:49 PM

ctrl V ?

This may seem like an odd question...

I had just started a new project and was working on the first object. Accidently I pressed ctrl and V and suddenly I had pasted some objects from part of a completely different project (complete with their own 'pasted' layer) that I haven't even open for the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone know about this short key and how it works? How did I select these other objects - it's almost like I imported them but I haven't tried to import them before. Sorry if this is dumb. Just confused and curious...

thanks.user added image

# 2 21-04-2006 , 09:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm that is odd. I'd have to assume that you copied the objects and after a long time, your pc remaining on and no other copies being done on text or whatnot, you managed to paste them from the clip board.

Seems unlikely, but is possible.

# 3 21-04-2006 , 10:34 PM
Yeah, it is odd - in fact the objects it is importing are my Silenus head and two of it's blend shapes and I haven't looked at that project for a couple of weeks. My PC hasn't been left on - in fact I just restarted, opened a new scene, pressed ctrl V and there he was again! Oh well, no big deal, for now.

# 4 24-04-2006 , 03:59 PM
he he... so I guess ctrl V is just paste - I was confused as it seemed to copy both the objects and their shaders and I didn't remember copying them or realise that maya remembers the last thing it copies, regardless of how long ago. Did I mention I am crap with computers?... :blush: