Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-12-2005 , 12:37 PM
Subscriber

duplicating objects

hi folks
I'm trying to duplicate objects in my maya scene but instead of getting the duplicated object I'm getting a green spline type object. duplicating objects has been fine up until now .I may have inadvertantly enabled or disabled something within the programme.

Any help will be much appreciated.

many thanks.Munny.

# 2 28-12-2005 , 10:35 PM
what does the ScriptEditor say? what does the Hypergraph show when you click up- and downstream connections - is your shapenode connected to a shader? have you clicked on Reset Settings in the duplicate option box? does every (poly, nurb, curve, shader, groupnode...) duplication fail?

# 3 29-12-2005 , 12:07 PM
Subscriber
I guess the problem you got comes from a CTRL-D called when the layer containing that object is not the one active.

Layer1 : empty (active)
Layer2 : PolyCube1 (inactive)

If you click on the polycube to select it and layer1 is still active
>> CTRL-D leads to this greenwired copy which is untextured.

Solution is, select object and layer relative to it, then call CTRL-D.
To drop the duplicated in another layer, right-click the target layer and choose "add selected objects".

Another solution is just selecting the object, then right-click a shader in the hypershade and choose the "assign material on selected"

Hope that helps a bit user added image

# 4 29-12-2005 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber

duplicating objects

Many thanks guys,

reset duplicate options as suggested by falot also followed steps outlined by pyrus.

problem solved.Cheers.