Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-11-2002 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber

Pixar Renderman or Mental Ray

i am totally not satisfied with Maya's built in render system.. thinking of getting Pixar Renderman or Mental Ray.. i know there is a thread on this but cant find it....
which one of these do you think i should get...

Pixar Renderman
Mental Ray

i can afford the 4000$ price tag of Renderman... but i think the brazil renderer is for 9000???? and is it available on maya??

who has used the brazil render?

# 2 25-11-2002 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber
and is the VRay availabe for maya too?

# 3 25-11-2002 , 04:41 AM
I don't think Brazil's out for maya yet but it's being planned for it. From what i hear it's very easy to use. I don't think Vray is available yet. Hmm Mental Ray is free though if you have 4.5. You can get the public beta right now from their website.

# 4 26-11-2002 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber
i heard about that... and is mental ray 1.5 the latest of the Metnal ray batch??