Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-01-2006 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber

UV mapping for faces

im curiouse asa to how every either makes UV's for faces or finds them, whichever is easier to do because it well, just boggles my mind on how u make a face UV

# 2 19-01-2006 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Your face already has a uv, you just have to 're lay' them out in a neat order, in your four pane view click>panels/panel/uv texture editor, go to object more and select the face object, then click edit polygons/texture/ and click either planar/cylindrical/spherical or automatic mapping for your uv layout, try each one for the 'best' uv layout, then adjust your UVs by right clicking and selecting UVs in the viewport and moving them until they are no longer over lapping and look like a flat clean mesh.

Hope this helps.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 02-02-2006 , 04:19 AM
Subscriber
mmm kinda, but what about making the actuall image for it say like if i wanted to take someones real face and make it into an image to use

# 4 02-02-2006 , 09:52 AM
Once you've layed out your UV's you can export them as an image file (showing all the lines) and load it up in photoshop (or a similar program).

Then its a case of copying and pasting the face onto your image, moving things about and painting areas a bit better.
You can then apply a shader to the head in maya and specify the image file that you are using as the color map. It'll load in and you can see how its going.

Keep making changes in your paint program and refreshing it in maya till you're happy user added image

The main thing that'll determine how easy the face photo will sit on the face is how the UV's have been laid out. Just keep practicing and eventually you'll find a good way to do it.

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 5 03-02-2006 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
cool thx i'll uh try that and see if i dont shoot myself in the head first ^_^ lol