Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-02-2007 , 10:11 AM

Head Texturing

Hey Guys

To take my mind off some uni work andthe problems with my challenge entry I thought I would get to grips wtth some texturing of a head model I did a while back, as Ive never tried it before and though it would be an excuse to try my new tablet out!

Attached Thumbnails

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 15-02-2007 , 10:13 AM
Bit of a closer shot, i desaturated the colour to give a slight bump.

Need to get the lips right with some more wrinkles etc etc

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 15-02-2007 , 11:07 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hi Steve

Not a bad at all for a first go. Dont forget to vary the tones overall especially around the eyes where the skin is actually thinner and therefore becomes bluer. The more variation you apply the more interesting it will become to look at as well.

which wacom tablet did you get?

Cheers
Jay

# 4 15-02-2007 , 11:17 AM
Cheers Jay

Thanks for the comments, I'm going to get a membership for 3dsk as its a bit hard to get some good ref for close ups for various areas.

I thought that it needs some variation, which i'll work on, needed the crits and comments as its a first go.

As for the Tablet its a Trust one, I got it through uni, as ive never used one beofore it appears great, and its probably best to save my cash till I can get the best out of and warrent (If my other half lets me that means!) getting a really good one. It makes soooo much of a difference in Z brush and photoshop, dont know how I even thought of using zbrush without one!!

Thought it would have taken a lot longer to get used to it, its great so far!

Cheers

Steve