Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-01-2008 , 01:19 PM

Maya PLE on Vista - Possible?

Maya Personal Learning Edition does not install on Windows Vista (specifically Windows Vista Home Basic). The installation bales out with an obscure error message. The Maya PLE page makes it clear that it is compatible with XP (only)

Is there any method known for getting it to install under Vista, or should I be thinking of installing a new operating system? If there is a means, then pointers to it, or suggestions, would be welcome. thanks.

# 2 15-01-2008 , 11:26 PM
do you have enough ram? i have PLE on my computer(not to use, i just view my bad old models with it user added image) and i have Vista,

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 16-01-2008 , 06:54 AM

RAM

Thanks for th eresponse.

I think there's enough RAM - 2 gig. Certainly PLE is working on an XP laptop of mine, with the same RAM.

I'm at work at the moment and the laptop is at home, so I cannot yet post the text of the error message. However said message was encountered when installing the application, was somewhat obscure, but seemed to insist that it was not very happy to have encountered something that was Vista, or was not XP.

I'll post the entire message later tonight. Further thoughts & experience welcome.

# 4 16-01-2008 , 03:35 PM

Solved

I ran the install programme in compatibility mode (as Win XP) and it succeeded. Thanks for your input & best wishes.