View Poll Results: Who do you think should win this battle?
Vectorman 6 28.57%
Fredrickson 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-09-2003 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber

Vectorman VS Fredrickson poll

Okay Heres fredrickson's final, and i'll post mine before midnight, please wait till i post mine to vote.

user added image

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 08-09-2003 at 01:22 AM.
# 2 08-09-2003 , 04:55 AM
Subscriber
Okay Start the Voting! (sorry for the latenessuser added image )

PS the BATTLE thread can be found HERE

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 08-09-2003 at 05:14 AM.
# 3 08-09-2003 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber
I like vectorman's more because there are more textures and better colors...its more soothing to the eye.

# 4 08-09-2003 , 08:11 AM
I prefer Fredrickson as it shows a very good composition, and the elements themselves are pretty realistic.

Vectorman did an awesome job though, considering the fact that he started late.

Great battle both! user added image

# 5 08-09-2003 , 03:38 PM
Björn, they never get your name right, do they? user added image user added image

# 6 08-09-2003 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
omg! I feel bad now i did not realize it was not spelled like we spell a similar name here in america. My deepest apologies bjorn.

# 7 08-09-2003 , 04:27 PM
Lol. I feel average now.
Thanks for destroying my self esteem. :p

Nah just kidding. Promise to nail it right the next time. user added image

# 8 08-09-2003 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber
um ADL, i think he was more refering to how i spelled his name wrong in both forums, the poll, AND where i posted his final.

# 9 08-09-2003 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber
I've voted for Fredrickson as i think the scene is of a better standard all round. But i was also suprised at Vectorman and thought he did very well with all his scenes and he also seemed to put in more effort than anyone else in the tournament. You both did very well, and i'm glad i lost in round one as it was just as good watching your battles from here.

# 10 08-09-2003 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
Thanx for the input Ckyuk!

# 11 08-09-2003 , 07:53 PM
user title spammer
fredrikssons work is nice, really nice ... i would say a piece of art ... composition, colors, atmosphere ... perfect.

few things i would do in a other way (the bathroom-tiles for exampel) ... but that doesn´t matter ...

i especially like the grainy-ness ...

train

# 12 08-09-2003 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for all the positive remarks. I hope it's clear that the feel of the image, stark, grainy, high contrast, was what I was aiming for, and some things could be better, as many have stated.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 13 08-09-2003 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
I voted for fredrikkson as I liked the atmosphere he created and I felt the scene had a 'story' to it that all the elements contributed to.

I liked both models though (I was slightly frightened of the invasion of the hairy bath mat though Vector!).

I was impressed by the way both of you managed to get the porcelain effect on the sink and bath and capture that rounded bathroom - ware feel.

The little details like taps and plugs etc in both models were just right imho. Good work by both.

# 14 09-09-2003 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
frightned!?!? I tried to make a warm and inviting RUG but no, it came out as a hairy bath mat. And it matches the fuzzy toilet seat cover and towel. Oh well lol!

# 15 09-09-2003 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
I didn't mean it was horrible I thought it was well done, just it looked like it was lurking in a living way! If it were my bathroom I'd be a bit worried it would run across the floor and bite me on the ankles :bgreen:

Seriously though, good challenge and good models by both imho.