Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-01-2008 , 03:56 AM

unwanted twin model

Hi,
I'm modeling a penguin from the surfs up foundation course.
Somehow I have aquired a second penguin which I cant delete.
first i had to delete one half of the penguin and then mirror it to produce the other side. It ended up with a spit in the middle which i managed to fix in the attribute editor somehow.
one half was showing as smooth and one the proxy... i needed it all to be smooth. I deleted the proxy and somehow now have 2 penguins. I dont know what I've done...... I've obviously missed something out here but can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jouser added image

# 2 17-01-2008 , 04:05 AM
It sounds like youve got some unwanted nodes form using the smooth proxy.

Have a look in the outliner and see if theres empty/unwanted and unused nodes in ther that you dont want and delete them.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 17-01-2008 , 04:20 AM

Penguin antics!

Hi gster,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!
I've had a look in the outliner and can end up with one penguin by deleting an item on the list but he becomes translucent. is it safe to do this then try to shade him properly again? deleting the other items leaves me with a left half of one penguin and a right half of the other. If you manipulate one penguin the action is mirrored on the second one?

# 4 17-01-2008 , 06:38 AM
No probs.

Yeah your probably best off saving your work before doing any deleting, just incase!

I think thatyou can just apply the lamber1 material to the object and it will be fine.

Another thing to remrmber is to delete the history at set points as it will relese any nodes that are still connected (you might have to still go and delete them but they wont affect your work) but I think that the smoothe proxy does keep the nodes attached.

Great work on your site by the way!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 17-01-2008 , 07:04 AM
Great, Thank you sooo much. I just went back to where I was and did what you said then shaded it. Fingers crossed I've not done it too much damage!! It's all a bit scary at the moment.

thanks for the compliment on my make-up work user added image

Jo