Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-04-2009 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber

Some advice please

Hey guys just was hoping for some feedback.
the ears are messed up and some more work needs to be done but i am new to 3d modeling and self taught so ur feed back would be appreciated. more renders coming
thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-04-2009 , 08:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
practice practice practice.

That and study anatomy and other people's work as much as you can!

# 3 04-04-2009 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
look into this thread: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=24483

that will help you with topology, and look into tutorials they are very helpful for a basic idea of how to model. and reference are a key for when you're a beginner, I would have never modeled anything decent if it's wasn't for some kind of reference picture on a plane to help get basic shapes and proportions down.

And please for the people who might not have the wide screen monitors or not have a fast connection please try to keep the pictures rendered at 640x480pixels.

Not a horrible first model for being new but look into tutorials and get reference images and read through the thread I posted above about topology and you should be on your way to even better modeling. Keep practicing.