Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-09-2009 , 11:58 AM

blender vs maya

hey, i ran into blender (follow this link if u don't know it) and found it's quite powerful, especially with the fluids simulation. i'm wondering, is there anything that blender does and maya cannot?

Last edited by sifidis; 01-09-2009 at 10:15 PM.
# 2 01-09-2009 , 06:10 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
be free?

That's all I've got. Blender was the first 3D app I ever used, but Maya is a lot better, in my opinion. Even with the simple things, like object display, and normals (blender has problems with them). And just the way Blender handles the model, and how things are done.... just doesn't suit me, but I have a good friend who uses Blender. He's loves it.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 02-09-2009 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Mayaniac
be free?

it's also open source

only used it for about 20 minutes because an assignment required us to draw our initials in it (that was the only time we required use of a 3D app)
so i can't say if it can't do anything maya can't

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D