Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 13-04-2003 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
More on the feet and some on his Seat pole thing. Um thats a cool idea about the nut, might not have time to try it until tomorrow though.

THANKS A TON )v(

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 17 14-04-2003 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber

GI is weird

I just got GI working, and i built a new Head, but it seems too HARD on all the edges. I can't smooth it or convert to subdiv without weird results (because of the simplicity of the mesh, and the boolean operation). And Subdividing doesn't really work. I dunno maybe i'll make a NEW one tommorrow. I will do some more sodering tomorrow, and play with the base teture.

I don't think it looks better with GI, do you guys?

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 15-04-2003 at 01:58 AM.
# 18 15-04-2003 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
Hey just wanted to say, the render you just did, was fantastic! I love the base now, the brass really stands out (just im not sure if it screams realism) amd everything else is great, except the nut. It definately looks better, just im not so sure whats wrong user added image.. i tried to figure it out in maya and send you a screenshot of the wireframe but i dont know what to do either user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 19 15-04-2003 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber
ello,

like the last render the best - with GI_Joe.

Have you selected specular lights in GI_Joe - might help bring out the metal shaders better.

Regarding the bolt and its hard edges - convert to subds then select the edges that should be hard and partial crease them a few times (2-3 max) give a pretty hard but with slight curve, edge.

Hope you understand my crappy explanation - if not just mail me or reply here - e-mail if not on my profile is - richard_whitfield@ntlworld.com

cheers

Rich
# 20 15-04-2003 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
uuuuuuuuuuuuh, this is what i got. any ideas!?

# 21 15-04-2003 , 10:05 PM

Re: GI is weird

Originally posted by Vectorman
I just got GI working, and i built a new Head, but it seems too HARD on all the edges. I can't smooth it or convert to subdiv without weird results (because of the simplicity of the mesh, and the boolean operation). And Subdividing doesn't really work.

Did you try playing more with the bevels?

# 22 15-04-2003 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
i don't know how to use the bevel, all i know how to do is take a plane and make it 3d sorta (note: the seat was made by doing this with a cicular plane)

# 23 15-04-2003 , 10:14 PM
To bevel, try playing with the options till you get the bevel you like, however, you can pick only the edges you´d like to bevel and apply it.

Play with small numbers in the options box.
  • Edit Poligons > Bevel

# 24 15-04-2003 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
here's a little bit of subd stuff - hope it helps or is useful

cheers

Rich
# 25 16-04-2003 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
Heres a more developed nut. Which edges am i beveling? I don't understand the desired effect. Sure are alotta ways to do everything. Probably gonna do it over from scratch again tho.

Last edited by Vectorman; 16-04-2003 at 06:16 PM.
# 26 16-04-2003 , 02:37 PM
Subscriber

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 16-04-2003 at 02:40 PM.
# 27 16-04-2003 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
Thank you so much for that detailed explaination cb8, i really appreciate it. Now i know what the creasing is. I will attempt this method thank you

Thanx M i couldn't find any myself, you da man.

Last edited by Vectorman; 16-04-2003 at 06:18 PM.
# 28 16-04-2003 , 11:49 PM
Subscriber
wonderful!! dude,, where did you get the shader for the "base",,, (can you give it to me?? user added image)

btw, if you want to send me a shader, goto the hypershade, select the shader, then goto file export,, then attact it to your reply user added image

# 29 17-04-2003 , 07:06 AM
Subscriber
Actually, i messed with a Zoorender texture a whole lot, then made a very uncontrasted scratch (bump/displacement) map by just drawin lots of little lines with a airbrush in photoshop. I'd be happy to send it. Where should i send it to?

www.zoorender.com nice textures, tutorials etc

here is the shader, this one should work
<---------------------------edit--------------------------->

Last edited by Vectorman; 20-04-2003 at 06:25 PM.
# 30 19-04-2003 , 12:00 AM
Subscriber
darn dude, you send me the shader, i dont need the model,, btw, obj's dont export shaders