Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 27-08-2008 , 08:00 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by hammer.horror
fn + left arrow

Yeah, but that just does what the home button does, so it's just easier to hit the home button.

# 17 27-08-2008 , 08:05 AM
Mad as a box of frogs! So many combinations!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 18 27-08-2008 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
Yup, and the D-key is only a toggle, which is okay too.

Pressing the D-key momentarily switches to the pivot reposition function, but returns to normal as soon as you let go of the D-key. It's great for fine-tuning the position of the pivot without having to let go of the mouse to invoke the Home key or move your left hand from its home position and reach across the keyboard.

Some keystroke combinations make you go, "what?" don't they? We pride ourselves on faster computers with greater capacities, enabling larger tasks but lose the time saved — and then some— performing inferior routines.

But I certainly don't waste time lamenting the fact that my keyboard has NEVER had a Print Screen function key. Nor would I call Apple to ask if my keyboard had an Insert key when every thread of my being tells me there isn't one!

Windows PC have their priorities straight, that's for sure. I'm envious they have a key devoted to the task of screen dumps! user added image

Yo! Dubai, Maya tech support is your friend. But as soon as you tell them your a Mac you get the phone equivalent of the thousand-meter stare and you'll swear the line went dead. Just assure them, your not here to complicate their lives, or give them an aneurism.

If you have any more Mac-related questions, feel free to pm me.

# 19 27-08-2008 , 05:42 PM
tanks guys for the replay. I am modeling huge building architecture, windows, doors, bricks. glass, bla bla,,,,,
I did mistakes , I delete the history of the object, now i have trouble to rotate them as default way, it is centered to the object but not align to the object, it is bite hard to rotate/scale the object , I tried every way, but didn't change at all, also I cant get back to the step one, I cant model all the stuff again.

so i am in bite hard situation.
I tried
center pivot
freez trans
hit D and move the pivot to the corner or center of the object and than scale it,(it is helps) but I have nearly 2000
object(city) in my scene, so I can not go through every single object and center the pivot to the edge or corner of the object to scale it,
that must be some way,
remember the history has been deleted,

any idee?

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 27-08-2008 , 07:00 PM
Why not group them all together, and then scale them all at once?

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 21 27-08-2008 , 07:49 PM
let me try. that is not bad idee?

# 22 26-10-2014 , 01:03 PM

Genious

The "d" key is the key to move around the pivot point on the Mac.

Thank you, been ages to figure this one out....

Best, D