Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-05-2003 , 05:32 AM

Creating Dome Lighting Without GI Joe

Is there any earthly way to create a dome lighting setup without resorting to GI Joe? I'm been using it but it drags my rendering time down to less than a crawl and it's slowing me and my progress down. My computer is a 533 MHz eMachines and it's a wicked dinosaur when it comes to rendering. Its video card is one that came with it... I just haven't been able to upgrade anything in ages. I've tried the tutorial on Pixho's website on how to create a light dome and it's a bugger to figure out. Any one that can lead me into the right direction will get a nice Scooby Snack! user added image

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 27-05-2003 , 10:24 AM
i'll just give to you my sample scene and read your other post how to do it.

Attached Files
File Type: ma domelight.ma (214.9 KB, 317 views)

------------------------------------------------
our decisions-not the conditions of our lives
determine our destiny.
# 3 27-05-2003 , 02:55 PM
Thanks Oliver! I tried to start it and I got it going. Gotta go to work but I'll finish up tonight. Thanks for explaining it a lot better. Much easier to understand! user added image Thanks! Cheers dude! user added image BTW, any hints on how to get indoor lighting to work? LOL!

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com