Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-04-2005 , 06:27 PM

Boooks and other resources..

howdy i was wondering what were some recommended books to get for learning maya...i know this site has some good videos, but besides that?

thanks!

# 2 11-04-2005 , 10:01 PM
Its really hands on man. The best way to learn something is to do just keep working at it. I did however buy a couple maya books for a jump start right off the alias website. I do beleave also that Mr.Mckinnley helped write...or wrote a book on some maya modeling..i would check that out also
best wishes

# 3 13-04-2005 , 01:01 PM
cool thanks for the reply...yeah i figured it was alot of just workin at it until it becomes second nature. cheers

# 4 13-04-2005 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
Books can be helpful, but whether a book is good or bad depends greatly on who is reading it. If you have the opportunity, visit a large bookstore or speciality bookstore that carries Maya books and leaf through the pages to see if they are written in a style that suits you and cover's the amount of detail you want. You will probably also find that no one book has everything so you may want a couple of books. A free resource is the help files. The are more than just a glossary, there are tutorials for nearly every function in them. Lastely, assuming you have the full version, look at that PDF references... not light reading, but they are comprehensive.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."