Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-09-2007 , 10:07 AM

PULLING OUT

Gotta pull out of the competition...rats!

I just received a modeling request from a co-worker that I can't pass up. If they'll give me permission, I'll post it in the WIP section. It's a house they're wanting to build. As soon as I finish a house for someone, it's not long before another person wants a model of theirs too. It's awesome.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 29-09-2007 , 11:37 AM
Acid44
you shoulda just posted it in your challenge thread but GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!!!!:p user added image

# 3 29-09-2007 , 03:00 PM
Thanks acid44! The house is designed by my co-worker so it wouldn't be me own concept. It was a good idea though.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 30-09-2007 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber
Darn, but sounds like fun working for someone user added image have fun and goodluck!

# 5 30-09-2007 , 04:56 PM
Thanks marlonjohn! Once I can afford the commercial license for Maya, I believe I"ll be able to easily find work creating 3d houses. I've checked out the market and many leads and it's very promising. So, any chance I get to model a house for someone, I jump on it. I've done many already. That's one reason I was hoping to participate in this "ruins" challenge.

Each new house I model, I want to add more and more detail. I'm actually considering doing this house all the way, foundation, framing, everything. And then do an animation showing the construction of the house from start to finish. But, it depends on how soon they want the model. Even though I'm doing it for free, it is nice working for someone like you said.

Exceed Expectations!