Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 09-10-2007 , 06:35 AM
Subscriber
another quick go to try and get that background look out of it..,

Muser added image

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 32 09-10-2007 , 03:52 PM
'blah blah... i have no time... blah blah... film makers...music videos... blah blah...'

and then he whips out a fish!

good to see you're still at it!

# 33 09-10-2007 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
thanks mate.., i didn't designed them.., but I knocked one out pretty quick.., they are rough but OK from a distance. user added image

im thinking of instancing them with particles and goals.., all quick stuff but can make a big difference.., sometimes its the small things that make the big difference.., rephrase, its always the small things that make the difference.., eh!!?? user added image

cheers dude user added image

# 34 14-10-2007 , 10:57 AM
19 year Veteran
Man this is really look great! It's really looking like it's underwater!user added image

# 35 14-10-2007 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber
wow, thanks mate, i could do better with a little agle floating around and stuff (read 3D granite texture) and a bit of work on the sunrays.., how much time is left.., i have so much to do at uni and I get so tired.., i have started the android again and will soon put that up on WIP again.., but i wont be going for perfection.., just something rough.., hopefully as CT mentioned i can go back later with lattices.., any way.., the anroid is for uni.., they wanta 2d robot made of textures.., the tutor knows me and I sort of said.., are you kidding, you want me to cut and paste taexturs onto a 2D robot.., err.., back to PS 101.., i told her if Im paying for the yopic i may as well go beyond my abilities someaht and she agreed

as for this, yes i like it too.., but theres a lot missing I feel.., though im not sure how to fix it.., ill give it a bit more of a crack at it.., make some differant fish and what not and see where it goes

thanks mate.., very much appreciated.

Muser added image

# 36 14-10-2007 , 09:49 PM
I no. Put a giant glowing orb in it. It doesnt have to make sense does it????

Thanks for the comment about my intelligence ahaha. I actually just got a job doing web design for this media production company.

Louis

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 37 14-10-2007 , 10:27 PM
Improve those caustics a little!!!!
it seems a little grayed and flat so play around with your lights and add some floating particles and ray-march them to get the feeling that there is participating media in the water.

yummy idea though this has massive potential,

Find images of shipwrecks and have a long play with texture painting, also watch finding nemo extras they talk for a bit on how they achieved or went about doing nice underwater shots.

# 38 15-10-2007 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
totally in agreeance.., im having most trouble with light rays.., i might have to change fog types?? this is volumetric

the other things you mentioned i just have been too busy or too tired to do.

if you know any tuts that will march me through that.., id appreciate the link

as for today.., I have two tuts, crime fiction and advanced multi-media, and a film to do post sound on.., a musical no less, about a politician that goes to green trying to get votes.., doing the like of.., 'ban all swimming pools, turn them all to little locks '

need-less to say, he loses the election user added image

# 39 15-10-2007 , 07:15 AM
Subscriber
I no. Put a giant glowing orb in it. It doesn't have to make sense does it????

Thanks for the comment about my intelligence ahaha. I actually just got a job doing web design for this media production company.

Louis

sorry, you just lost me.., where did i make any comments about your intelligence..??? oh yea, i remember.., congratulations, well bloody done mate user added image

# 40 22-10-2007 , 03:54 AM
Thanks mate! The job is pretty kool. Not all webdesign too. And I might be lucky enough to do some 3D work (even though they use 3DsMax)

Going to your post way back you said something about Actionscript. Isnt that flash's scripting language or something? I hate it ahhah. Took me ages to make platform games and physics engines.

Goodluck with this project (i still cant see a glowing orb :p )

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 41 22-10-2007 , 09:36 AM
Subscriber
very cool under watre user added image

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 42 23-10-2007 , 12:07 AM
Subscriber
yea there is action script 3 now.., dont know what the differance is from action script 2..?? yes, it a script to use with Flash (i thought maybe dream weaver also??) to create some interactivity, havent haf time to do any scripting.., havent even touched dreamveaver.., too busy on ProTools user added image

No orb user added image thats a good idea.., reminds me of a frog princesstory i read..

Muser added image

# 43 23-10-2007 , 12:19 AM
Ahah nope. No actionscript in dreamweaver. Although you can embed SWF's into an HTML page. Remember, Dreamweaver doesnt make websites, it generates html code which makes websites.

Louis

# 44 23-10-2007 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber
thanks user added image.., just got back from 9 hours in front of ProTools, didnt think too much about it.., i figure i say something wrong someone will correct me.., live and learn.., i love mistakes (if one learns from them0
cheers user added image