Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 14-10-2007 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Hi gys am trying to create a fog effect enviroment and some light effect passing thro ,if u catch wat i mean i was able to create the fog some how :headbang: but not sure how to make the lights pass thro, creating the effect (like a light thro a mist) a help or advise will help

thanks

# 17 15-10-2007 , 04:01 AM
Subscriber

sept/oct challenge

gys this is was i was referring to in my previous massage. what am trying to achive is have mutiple light beams coming down from the ceiling cutting tho the fog... pls any ideas and comments pls

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 15-10-2007 , 05:38 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
It has a great atmosphere, i only find the spotlight to harsh.
If you give this a smooth transition it will be that much better.
Looks great though:attn:

Edit; if you give the spotlights penumbra angle a value of 5 or something and use the drop off y"ll get a smoother transition i think

# 19 15-10-2007 , 06:20 AM
yeah i think this is already looking very good. i think a few more lights and some sort of background and this will really start to come together.

are you going for a night scene?

# 20 16-10-2007 , 12:59 AM

Great so far

I don't know how you did that fog but it looks very nice. You should try to decrease it's density a bit in my opinion.
Furthermore, the rest of the environment is totally dark... Try to put some vague light so the rest of the room will be a bit visible.

I'm glad you decided to follow my advice user added image.

EDIT: Try to break the edges of the doorway a bit. It may look nice.

Last edited by BennyK; 16-10-2007 at 01:01 AM.
# 21 16-10-2007 , 03:01 AM
Subscriber

sept/oct challenge

thanks gys for the feedback it has given me alot to consider and work on very much appreciated.

BennyK thanks for your advice which gave me a diff view of things hpfull i should be able to finish b4 deadline.

# 22 19-10-2007 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber

sept/oct challenge

This is a recent update ive manage to work on the density of the fog not quite wat i want at the momment started on the texturing bit more to go and finaly add some extra lights to finish it off. so guys give me some feedback and advise

cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 19-10-2007 , 06:42 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
try adding a low intensity ambient light, because now the transition is to harsh between the light and shadow.
As for the image you placed as a background i would only use the mountain then create a sphere asign a shader with a transparencyramp going from black to purple and on the colorchannel slap a granite(tweak the granite texture to a black background with white dots-simulating stars- on it.
You can also create a moon which emanates a slight blueish light(if i'm not mistaken)
Just spice things up and you will have a
great sceneuser added image

# 24 20-10-2007 , 06:34 AM

Very Nice

*The view from the doorway is poor... only the mountain is visible and it it takes a lot of space and looks poor...
*I also agree with Maston about the light as I suggested earlier.
*Try removing that barely visible obstacle on the right and continue the floor and pillars to the right so it doesn't look so empty.
I'll attach an image explaining what I meant in the LAST TIP.

the coloring/texturing looks pretty good, aside from the above I think your ready for your final user added image .
Benny

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by BennyK; 20-10-2007 at 06:36 AM.
# 25 25-10-2007 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber

sept/oct challenge

hi gys thanks for the advise and contribution i havent had any time since the last post to work on this project i hp to finish before last day where i should post my final render.

# 26 29-10-2007 , 02:55 PM
Hi Semeon
Are you going to post a final entry? I hadn't seen any progress in 2 weeks user added image . I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished... In my opinion you've done the best scene.
Benny

# 27 29-10-2007 , 10:00 PM
yeah - this was a nice entry.

# 28 31-10-2007 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber

sept/oct challenge

hi benny/ arran

am sorry i was unable to post my final entry i do feel dissapointed myself but this is due to situations out of my control had to work away for a while and havent been home very much to finish it off from were i left it. i do appriciate your contribution which had also helped alot in getting to the current stage. just for the sake of it i will finish it off and up date you gys

cheers