Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-12-2003 , 08:10 PM

Soften/Harden edges?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has had the same strange problem as myself? I'm trying to use the Polygon Soften/Harden edges tool, the tool works correctly when converting hard edges to soft but just does nothing when i try to convert them back again????
once thier soft they have to stay soft unless i undo all the way back to before i appied the tool? Any ideas?

Wait a sec, i've just exported the model and then imported back and now I can't soften or harden!! What the hell?

Here's the scene file see if anybody else has any luck user added image

Attached Files
File Type: ma test.ma (641.7 KB, 326 views)
# 2 09-12-2003 , 09:04 PM
The Maya Mountain
All of your faces are seperated. You'll need to select all vertices and merge with a distance of .0001. It'll work, then.

# 3 10-12-2003 , 12:04 AM
Thanks mate, Just tried it and that was just the job! user added image
simple things user added image

"1.21 GIGAWATTS"