Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-02-2004 , 12:32 PM

grouping

OK, what is the best way to group/parent eyes to a head? I am getting a double transform when I move my head? I also cannot copy the entire group (head and eyes)... groupeyes, and then parent to head? helpuser added image

Lungs not guns....
# 2 12-02-2004 , 12:36 PM
Subscriber
parint each eye to the head. parint to the top joint there if your using a skeleton ! you getting duble transforms might be becouse of useing empty group to start with ?

# 3 12-02-2004 , 01:11 PM
Well, I don't have a skeleton yet, should I? or can I parent them to the head? I thought I should set up blendshapes before I create the skeleton and ik, etc...?

BAsically, all I have is a poly head, and 2 nurb eyes, and I want them to move with the head. Now, when I move the 3, one eyes moves double, but I can not figure out what I did. I want to do blendshapes and Have the 3 as one group so I can copy it and adjust my clusters to create different blend shapes. What is the correct procedure for this?

thanks!

Lungs not guns....
# 4 12-02-2004 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber
parint them right to the head or body. each peace, directly. you can unparent them latter if you like.

but if the head is moving around enufe for the eyes to need to falow it somewhare, you should be using a skeleton. Blendshapes are not normaly used to move the head its self about. just make altrations to some parts of the face. to provide exprestion to the face. some animation Rigs even has a joint of the skeleton for the jaw.

and I don't know about other animaters. not that I would even call my self one. But if I'm not mistaken I think most do the skeleton first and then add the blendshapes on the face. that way it all gets parinted properly.

# 5 12-02-2004 , 02:45 PM
Hmm, I really need to get this part down. I am just copying over the head to create different shapes, and the eyes is moving twice as much ( a double transform). So, you do not group the eyes together, and then parent to the head? I think this is the mistake I made. How do you unparent, or see the parenting relationships of the objects?

Lungs not guns....