Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 13-11-2002 , 09:56 PM
It's coming up nice! Improved a lot!

This is propably just me but I think his head is a bit wide? Maybe not...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 13-11-2002 , 10:07 PM
Thanks kb, i want him to have a cartoon look, thats why his head a little off shape.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 18 13-11-2002 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
Very nice kurt,

I just think one thing, the chest is smaller than the abdomen isn't that supposed to the the inverse?

Keep it up

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 19 13-11-2002 , 10:19 PM
Rodi, the bottom part of his abdomen, is where his shirt dosent lay so close to him.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 20 13-11-2002 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber
I got it

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 21 13-11-2002 , 11:05 PM
hey kurt your a good looking guy. i bet you get all the girls. oh by the way ive seen pictures of you. and you better add. more beef to the gut area.. heh heh jk.. man. man your work is kick ass. inspires me to do stuff. keep it up.

# 22 13-11-2002 , 11:33 PM
Raul you crack me up LOL, as far as the girls go Im in love with only one my wife Amber. Another thing... how did you find my private web pages? (heheheh) You do know the camera adds 10 pounds hehehe. I'll post a pic of me and see if I do look like him even though the model was not at all intended to be a cartoon of myself.

Im really glad to hear you like my stuff, I still have lots to learn and still try. I'm going to try to get a website up soon to put up my reel, and other projects no one has seen yet, in the new future.

Your work is improving very fast I can tell you be a great modeller.

Still LOL

Kurt

# 23 13-11-2002 , 11:36 PM
Subscriber
now i wanna see your website too..... user added image

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 24 13-11-2002 , 11:54 PM
Pic of me with no hair, My hair dose look like the models a bit now though hehehe.

# 25 14-11-2002 , 12:02 AM
Supreme Being
you make a nice couple m8.. :p

# 26 14-11-2002 , 12:04 AM
Thanks buddy=) we've been together since high school. Her hair is short now and blond.

# 27 14-11-2002 , 05:41 AM
wow...... it does look like you. = o im stunned. okay you win for now.

.. yeah.. this whole modeling thing takes a long time. just going to keep at it. thanks kurt. lucky guy.. your girl rocks.

# 28 14-11-2002 , 06:19 AM
Actually, I find it quite interesting the fact that people seem so different from their real selfs when viewed through a net eye. You have a mental image of them in your mind and then suddenly VUAM! they post a pic, and there you have it, no holds barred. the truth and only the truth. Tsk tsk .. interesting.
Just another philosophical post of mine.

Kurt, you guys look quite well together. I wish you the very best.
I understand there´s also a little kiddie coming along the way? that right? Or is it? darn .. I´m all confused now. I don´t remember who´s waiting for one! LOL, you get the whole idea anyway. Keep on modelling! user added image

**edit**
LOL! Sorry Kurt, didn´t mean to give you that scare .. now I know who´s expecting one. user added image You know who you are, happy future fatherhood.

Last edited by adldesigner; 14-11-2002 at 08:58 AM.
# 29 14-11-2002 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber
loving the kid sweet modeling congrats

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 30 15-11-2002 , 06:50 PM

Model all done

The model is all done, just eye lashes left to do. Layed out all the UV's and added the textures. Now the fun starts the skeleton, painting the weights and blend shapes.