Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-11-2002 , 03:31 PM
Kevin

unsupported plug-ins for Maya 4.5

Just got this from our guy at AW

------------------------------------------------

Kevin,

Last week we started posting the updated unsupported plug-ins for Maya 4.5 on the Maya community page off the Alias|Wavefront website. They can be

found here:

https://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Tmp...l&style=normal

Skin Shader, Diffraction Shader, Stereo Camera, 3DS Import, devkit

Cheers,

# 2 18-11-2002 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
Ive tried the 3DS Import and doent always seem to workuser added image

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 3 20-11-2002 , 05:17 AM
Subscriber
I downloaded the bonus game pack plug-in, but have absolutely no idea how to get it to appear in Maya. Do I move the plug-in file contents to the unsupported file under "scripts" in Maya?Do I just highlite them all, then move them with one of the mouse buttons?

# 4 20-11-2002 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
I havent tried that one but I beleive you have to extract to your plugin dir then go to plugin manager and load it in

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 5 20-11-2002 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber
Well, there was a readme file that explained how to install everything, but it didn't work. It said to move files here, and move files there, so I did all that. It then said to open Maya and type BonusGameMenu in the command line. When I do, it can't find the proceedure. I can't see how this is possible b/c I have the bonusGameMenu.mel file in the right place as well as the UserSetup.mel file; both of which seem to be the most important files I've come across so far. Anyway, it said to move some of the files to a plug-ins directory file. I didn't have one, so I simply created one like it said to do if you happen to not have one. I can't find a plug-in manager, though. It didn't say anything about that. *sigh*

# 6 20-11-2002 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
yeah, the 3DS import is not working..I haven't tried the others..

by the way, when I had 4.0, that version is was working perfectly..it's 4.5 that's buggy user added image

-Emo