Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 14-12-2007 , 02:15 AM
He look like a balloon hehe. user added image

# 17 14-12-2007 , 02:56 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Ok, well this is a good start...

The proportions are WAY out. The only thing i can really say to help you with this, is use Refs. Find Some decent head Ortho's and set up some image planes.... Let me know if you need a hand finding Head refs and/or setting up Image planes... I could probably swing you a Preset scene or two. user added image

Your models edge loops aren't the best BUT, they're not the worst I've seen for someones First attempts. Organic modeling is extremely difficult.... and no mater how long you've been doing it, your always learning, So don't expect to pick it in the first 5-10 attempts, but stick with it.

Have fun and happy modeling! user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 18 14-12-2007 , 02:59 AM
Sure, i could use some help user added image

# 19 14-12-2007 , 03:30 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Alright, let me try and locate and gather a few things up, and get some stuff organized, i should have something for you by tonight or tomorrow.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 20 14-12-2007 , 04:04 AM
Ok, excellent. You got the right idea. You got the loops perfect around the eye and mouth for proper deformation for animation. Just work on the proportions. THis is something you get with more practice. Keep at it man! You're on your way.

Try importing these anatomical correct images into your orthographic camera image planes to use as reference. To size it properly use width and height in the channel control.
view>image plane>import image.

Crop it in photoshop to separate the images. Front, side and back.

Attached Thumbnails

EA Games

Last edited by djknucklez1; 14-12-2007 at 04:12 AM.
# 21 14-12-2007 , 02:42 PM

Originally posted by djknucklez1

Try importing these anatomical correct images into your orthographic camera image planes to use as reference. To size it properly use width and height in the channel control.
view>image plane>import image.

Crop it in photoshop to separate the images. Front, side and back.

I usualy use a set of nurbs planes that are scaled to match the images, that way if you need to adjust you can, and you can scale the whole lot toghether, you cam also add more ref where you neeed on sepperate planes (hands, face, etc), and set the planes via a layer set to a reference, for me gives more flexibilty than just using the cameras image plane.

When making the planes in PS make sure that you use the ruler tools to make the height/widths where needed the same size, this menas that your planes will line up together more easily.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle