Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-05-2003 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber

Sequencing Images??

I know this may sound a little newbie and I hate asking newbie questions, but when I render a sequence of frames (eg. Sphere.XXX.tga) I cannot get them to open up as a sequence in either Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere. I can embed the alpha channel and open the individual frames using Multiple file import, but how do you get it to open as an animation??

Again, sorry for the stupid question, but up until now 100% of the stuff ive done are Still images.

"The nutmeg is the epitome of nuts"
# 2 25-05-2003 , 01:17 AM
Well, in After Effects, to import a sequence of footage check out the attached gif animation below. (80K)

Here are the steps in regular text as well:

Step 1. Create a new comp, and go to: FILE > IMPORT > FILE
and browse to the directory containing your frames, and choose frame number 1.
Step 2. IN THE SAME DIALOG BOX, click the checkbox for Targa sequence to tell After Effects that you wanna import a whole sequence of frames with the same name.
(this checkbox will reflect your filetype if you select tiffs, jpegs, iff's etc.)
Step 3. Then, you will need to choose how After Efects will Interperet your footage that contains an alpha channel.
Step 4. Then after all of your frames are imported, you can simply drag the frame sequence item in your footage box directly down into your timeline.

This last part will automaticly center, and place your footage exactly in the center of your comp window for you as welluser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 26-05-2003 , 08:22 AM
Subscriber
wow, so simple user added image thanks a ton man.

"The nutmeg is the epitome of nuts"