Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2008 , 05:05 PM
Subscriber

How to make step the default tangent?

Hi everyone,

When I'm animating I prefer at the beginning to just see my key poses as opposed to the spline interpolation between them. I can do this by highlighting everything in the graph editor and selecting step but I have to do this every time I create a new keyframe.

How do I make "step" the default tangent type as in the maya settings I can see every type of tangent but step. I'm using Maya 8.5 by the way.

Thanks in advance!
Simon

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 2 15-02-2008 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
Haven't tried it myself but I would presume it in the animation/keyframing preferences. Go to Window > Settings/Preferences > Preferences (or something along those lines, don't have Maya open in front of me).

Chris

# 3 15-02-2008 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
thanks. I tried that but step tangent isn't there. All the others are though user added image

www.simontayloranimation.com
# 4 06-03-2008 , 10:02 AM
Subscriber
Simon

Go to your animation preferences and set your tangents to 'Clamped' for Default in tangent and 'Stepped' for Default out tangent. That should do it.

Well, it's what I use anyway :-)

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 5 12-04-2019 , 01:06 AM
Lifetime Member
wow...old thread, but thanks! good info! user added image