Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-12-2006 , 01:45 AM

Stuck In "V" Key snap mode when Moving

How Do I reset my move tool to be square by default. I was snapping in a foot to a leg and now when I use my move icon in the F9 view I cannot slide the bars around smootly they only snap.

Basically If I hold V it moves as normal and normal moves as if I am holding down V

I just got Maya 3 days ago I already made a pretty sweet model. https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...urbyFinish.jpg

I am working on a wolf man next!

Thanks for the help

Last edited by mrserv0n; 07-12-2006 at 01:59 AM.
# 2 07-12-2006 , 02:15 AM
I figured out what the deal was but now I seem to have aproblem where my axis cursor doesnt move its just sits there and my mouse is a mouse with a square at the end of it any ideas? Isnt their just an option to reset everything to default?

Last edited by mrserv0n; 07-12-2006 at 02:37 AM.
# 3 07-12-2006 , 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
1. @ your first post,make sure any "snaps" aren't toggled on in the status line (check to the right of the screen just below help)

2. if you really need to reset your prefs, go to MyDocuments and into the maya folder and delete the prefs folder (backup any settings you might need) but most likely deleting the userPrefs file will get rid of your problem.