Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-09-2002 , 10:41 AM

Swimming fish

As I was making my fishy scene for the mini competition I got the idea of animating the fish too. I already have the fish moving forward as I shooted them out with a particle emitter and an instancer. That doesn't look very realistic swimming though. They're just floating forward. I want the fish to bend too but I don't know how to do this. I'm pretty sure there's a way to assing a bend deformer to each fish (instanced particle) and have an expression to control the bend curvature but I don't know how to accomplish this. user added image Any ideas?

(i hope you understand my english)

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 29-09-2002 , 02:32 AM
Well if u go to the Alias|Wavefront website and go to the "How to's" section. CLick on the animation section and ten click "How to Animate with Flow (Object)". Not sure if thats what u mean but it may help.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 3 29-09-2002 , 03:50 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, with that, you create a motion path and attach the fish object to it. Then, with object flow, it creates a lattice that runs along the motion path that deforms the model to curve and bend when turning and such. I don't know about using it for instanced particles, though.

# 4 29-09-2002 , 10:02 AM
Thanks...I'll look into that...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 5 29-09-2002 , 12:13 PM
Kevin
so kari... whats the avatar about? user added image

# 6 29-09-2002 , 01:24 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
so kari... whats the avatar about? user added image

That's the charming face o'mine user added image Like it? user added image

(had to cencor it a bit with photoshop user added image)

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB