Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-06-2005 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber

Trying to make a "table leg" from CV Curve tool, just get a flag blob. . .

I found a few tutorials online (by Googling of course user added image ) and came across one to make a table leg. I did fine all the way through, but at the end when it's supposed to turn the CV curve into a pomplete 360 polygonal object, it just turns into a glob of mess. I'll post the pictures I took (by using the "PrtScn" button of course, for those who may have forgotten how to do so),

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-06-2005 , 03:32 PM
Subscriber
. . .then it turns into this blob. The guy doing the tutorial I think was using an older edition of Maya because he had a "Surface" button at the top of the screen.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 20-06-2005 , 05:48 PM
Revolve is set to the Y axis, and you've created your curve in the 'top' view insead of 'front'. Change to the Modeling toolset. Go to Surfaces-->Revolve, but click the tool options box. Then change the axis to Z. That should do it.

# 4 20-06-2005 , 07:23 PM
Subscriber
Just to let you know, the modeling toolset is at the top. If you see where there is a white box that says animation, click on it, then go to modeling. And listen to brut, if you do what he says, everything should work fine.

# 5 20-06-2005 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
Thankyou so, so, so much Brut and alienscience.
:nod: user added image