Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-03-2009 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber

Life Support

Hey guys have a new idea for a project called 'Life Support'. I had the idea whilst browsing through a Digital Art Masters book (really good if your in need of some inspiration) the idea is of industrial/clinical machines supporting pond life or nature in some way.

My ideas are bouncing between where its set and what materials to use. As i want this mix really contrasting of machine and nature. So do i go more steel with vines and dirt with decaying buildings like a deralict future or a spaceship with a garden or more clinical with perspex/glass/chrome more like some sort of modern science experiment..etc. Argh the choices!

Still working out the idea to exactly what i want to do would love to hear some of your ideas on it.

Potential concept art coming soon!

# 2 12-03-2009 , 11:10 PM
The Nurb Herd
some guy did a tree recently on CGsociety, i'll try and find a link. its very similar to what you are talking about.

# 3 12-03-2009 , 11:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
# 4 12-03-2009 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
awsome i like it. Bit more organic than i was thinking i was thinking more solid Machines. Nature. Ive gone for a really clinical look so far doing lots of pipe work and stuff let me know what you think!

user added image

Still a lot more tweaking to be done the glass texture needs refining but works as a good sample. Also going to add some Valves and things to spice up the pipes. Now debating if i turn it into an aquarium or more a snake habitat kinda thing... argh darn my brain lol

T

# 5 13-03-2009 , 09:50 AM
Subscriber
Anyone have a good tutorial for water... the problem im having is i need a full body of water not just the top plane.

Any help is much appreciated.

T

# 6 15-03-2009 , 09:44 AM
A full body, as in say water in a glass?

I would make it out of actual Geo and then render it with either a dielectric material or a modded blinn but whichever you use make sure that the refractive index of the material is adjusted to thecorrect value for water.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle