Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-02-2003 , 04:19 AM

Lighting problem

I created a cave sceen and i was going for a dramatic lightign in it with it being dark and only lit by flames. However, when i render my sceen no matter how many lights i have or few it always come out the same brightness. I eventually deleted all of the lights and rendered it and it still came out bright. The wierd thing is when i sent the file to a friend he rendred it and it came out pitch black. Anyone know what might be wrong?

# 2 03-02-2003 , 04:25 AM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, that's strange. Make sure you dont have any sort of lighting overrides in affect in preferences or render globals or anything.

# 3 03-02-2003 , 04:27 AM
Subscriber
Choose lighting>Use all lights. If that's not the problem, you might want to check the intensity of your lights. Select a light and choose Window>Attribute Editor to check it. If that's not it, I have no idea.

# 4 03-02-2003 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber
i think if ur making a cave, make sure the lights arent outside of your set user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com