Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-09-2015 , 05:18 AM

Maya rendering/animation

user added image

Hi all.

I've attached an image of the concept of an animation in a 3d scene. The areas in color are the various 2d "levels" in the scene.
dark blue - foreground of cave.
yellow - flying ship.
dk grey - actor.

So there is some footage of an actor staring out into the sky out of the cave and a ship flies off from the ground plane. And disappears out of frame.

I did track the scene in Syntheyes, but am not sure I got the tracking and coordinate system correct, so i was hoping to have to avoid doing that over.
I know I will need a ground plane in there, and I'm assuming with a surface shader, but other than that, I'm sort of lost.
I'll need that ground plane for shadows casted by the inserted 3d ship. I'll also, I'm assuming have to create a "plane" or 3d shape in Maya for the cave so that the ship can actually pass behind something.

With this all said, I'm not really sure how to proceed with it for rendering.

Thanks.

I can post more if need be...just ask.
user added image

Last edited by srlake314; 15-09-2015 at 05:19 AM. Reason: photo doesn't show
# 2 15-09-2015 , 05:19 AM