Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 03-07-2013 , 05:36 PM

Vray - separate channels

I am using Vray & Maya to render out my scene. I have added several separate render channels I would like under Render Elements. However I cannot get them to render out as separate files. I've googled this a lot and know the option to 'Save separate render channels' exists in 3dsMax, however I can't seem to find an equivalent option in Maya.

My second problem is that the render channels do not show up in the VFB dropdown in my existing Vray scene; only RGB and Alpha are available. However if I go through the same set up procedure on objects in a new scene the selected render channels show up in VFB like they should. They are enabled both with a Y in Render Elements and checked as Enabled in the Attribute editor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Animation student!