Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-07-2008 , 06:14 PM

best way to capture likeness?

Hey guys,
I'm currently working on my first full character. After modeling with side and front image planes, I realized that the likeness is a bit off still. Could anyone suggest a good way to capture the likeness of a person after modeling it with the side and front view. The character I'm working on is Bruce Lee.
Thanks.

# 2 15-07-2008 , 06:40 PM
Google bruce lee and you'll find hundered of shots, from views other than standard front and side. Just study them to get an impression of his face from all views, have them open in different windows as you work (or print them) and try and match your model from different perspectives.

cheers

gubar

# 3 16-07-2008 , 05:09 AM
When I practice human heads and form I try to go without image planes as much as possible other than simply as reference photos (I.E. not dragging vertices into place like a stencil) to develop my freehand ability, because I'd like to be able to just freehand things straight from my imagination as easily as one might draw them on a piece of paper, though that may just be me.

~I have no idea what I'm doing~
# 4 17-07-2008 , 02:45 PM
Hey guys,
I've just posted some screens in the wip section. Please let me know what you think.
here