Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-05-2006 , 02:08 PM

From concept to 3d model

Hi,

I'm looking for a tutorial from simplymaya that has something i haven't seen before yet. I bought the t-rex modelling dvd and the oliphant cause i want to learn organic modellin and they are helping (still finishing another and starting the t-rex) me a great deal in the area of organic modelling but what i find is that the models are always modelled from reference from the side (t-rex, oliphant) and know i have a question. When working in like the games or film industrie you often get concepts of creatures from concept designers, but those won't be front & side view drawnings right? So know i'm searching for a tutorial that lead you trough the proces from an concept image that ISN'T a front or side view but let's say a 3/4 view (in x and y) and then build a model from that.. So that you do have reference but you can't just line up the points to the drawning...

I hope you understand what i mean, and if you don't just say so and i will try to explain it better. But does anyone know if there's such a tutorial around?

Thanks in forward very much! :attn:

# 2 30-05-2006 , 02:16 PM
I see what your saying and generally you will still use front and side images even if the concept is a 3quarter view say of a human animal etc. Makes it quicker to push out the models and have proper size. I can talk it over and see if i can do a tut soon that dont use a image plan and go off the concept only....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 30-05-2006 , 04:26 PM
That would be awesome! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :hug:

I know what you mean, and i would also love to have a drawning from the side, then i can build from that.. But in the film and game industrie i don't think you get those very often and more often just a concept art.. just look around the internet and those drawnings you will get when you are a modeller. So it would be great how to learn to interpretate a drawning, and what to model and what not cause sometimes when i look at the concept art then i find it hard to see what is what and how i can make it..
At www.conceptart.org there are pieces that are like this.. I'm more interested in cinematic creatures for feauture films, so a high detailed model would be better but nevertheless a low poly would be great too. Something else, but maybe simply maya isn't dealing with these kind of models but something like you see on:

https://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68774

Just detailed pieces.. and i'm not only talking about the enviroment but everything.

Thanks for the answeer kurt and hope to see more replys ! :p

# 4 02-06-2006 , 11:45 AM
Just found another great example when browsing cgtalk.. :

user added image

To

user added image

This is probably a way to detailed and high poly model to cover in a simply maya tutorial but these models are exactly the models i want to make..