Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-07-2011 , 08:17 PM
Carbon Studios CEO

World of Eden Online

Hello Everyone,

World of Eden Onlineā„¢ is currently Hiring

Our game is licensed to use and is currently being developed using Hero Engine.

The game is a Fantasy/Sci-fi Hybrid Strategical Conquest MMORPG that is based on the Human Race being settled on a hostile alien world. We currently have SpeedTree 4.2 licensed for use on the project so there would be no foliage work needed. We currently need Static Environment and Architecture Modelers, Character & Creature Modelers, Rigging & Animator artists.

This game is a Independent Developer project that is being done by Storm Enterprises & Ubersoft in partnership with HeroEngine & IDV.

We have a professional musician contracted for the project: Rob Westwood.

We have a Architecture Artist that has joined our project from the SimplyMaya forums.

Current Positions Filled:
1 x Level Designer
1 x Technical Director (He also programs)
1 x Programmer
1 x Musician
1 x Static Modeler
1 x Character Modeler

Positions still available:
1 x Sound Effects Composer
1 x Character Animator
1 x Texture/UI Artist
3 x Programmers

This is a long term commitment that is offering Income Share as compensation. Anyone who is interested can contact me directly.

(there is no obligation made by contacting me, until the artist and the company have both made the decision to continue working together)

Fortune Favors The Strong.

NOTE: We are not showing details of the actual game in public due to constraints on media releases about the product details. If you contact me, I would be glad to do a Skype screen share and give you an overview of where the project stands.

Last edited by DragonRift; 22-09-2011 at 06:48 PM.
# 2 15-08-2011 , 09:19 PM
Carbon Studios CEO

Last edited by DragonRIft; 20-08-2011 at 07:24 PM.
# 4 20-08-2011 , 07:49 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
We have made some updates to our post, please review the project above and feel free to comment. If you have any negative comments then please contact me in private and we can address your concerns. Thank You.

# 5 20-08-2011 , 08:01 PM
Technical Director
Sorry mate, but I think the reason why no one has replied here is that you haven't really shown us anything. You're showing us technologies that already exist, and nothing that you've actually created. I understand that you want to keep everything a secret, and your problems with media releases, but you need to give us something so we can judge if it's we'd like to be a part of.

People are also very shy with these kind of projects, as a lot of people, myself included, have been burned by them in the past. I do however wish you the best of luck, and hope for nothing but success with your project.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 20-08-2011 , 08:16 PM
Carbon Studios CEO

Sorry mate, but I think the reason why no one has replied here is that you haven't really shown us anything.

As I stated, I am more then willing to show stuff if the people are willing to get on a Skype Call with me. I am protecting the stature of the project more then keeping a secret.

People are also very shy with these kind of projects, as a lot of people, myself included, have been burned by them in the past. I do however wish you the best of luck, and hope for nothing but success with your project.

I understand that people have been burned in the past, however this is often due to scope creep and poor management skills. This project is going to succeed regardless of what people in the public community think.

We are being as open as we are able to be on a open forum without compromising the project.

I mentioned above that the game is still in pre-production which means that we are still in the process of creating assets and game mechanics. So we do not actually have a game that is more playable then walking around with test assets that have been provided by the Hero Engine company. If I were to make videos of the engine and post them. They would purely be showing only the technology as is.

This project is still in a start-up stage, we just acquired our Hero Engine license on: 07/26/2011

Thank you for your feedback as we do understand your comments and/or concerns and are well aware of them.

Last edited by DragonRIft; 20-08-2011 at 08:23 PM.
# 7 21-08-2011 , 05:45 AM
Carbon Studios CEO
Due to strong demand from the community:

I have made a technical demonstration of how easy it is for us to produce a playable product, Enjoy!

EngineDemo - YouTube

As I have stated on multiple occasions, this is not the actual playable game as the game is not playable yet.

# 8 22-08-2011 , 01:03 AM
Carbon Studios CEO
I would like to announce that we found a character modeler/animator and the project is now progressing. Thank you for the feedback and interest everyone and we will keep the community up to date as the project moves forwards.

# 9 15-09-2011 , 04:01 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
Our character artist ended up not working out.

We are looking for a character artist again.

We have been releasing more information about the project @ Hero Engines Forum Project Posting

# 10 16-09-2011 , 07:43 AM
Lifetime Member
We are working on building assets at present ND....Im working on the menial labour things at the moment and testing the interface between Maya and Hero. We have had a few ups and downs but are trying to iron out the basic issues before going headlong and creating complicated models. We need more people to have a shot at it....as I know little of this industry DR is taking care of that side.

I have spoken to people that have been so called burned etc ND...this is understandable with a reluctance to have a go. Im in it because of more than anything the experience of working on something with challenges different to my normal environment. As my day job as a Surveyor is well and truly adequate for now, to pay the bills...my time spent on this is personal and well and truly above the norm daylight wise LOL.

I will be shortly providing environment assets...ie buildings etc etc with time and work permitting. At present I am in a remote camp doing 13 hour days and at night I pick away at my models (usually falling asleep at the laptop). A character artist, even short term or part time would be nice right now...bit hard to get a building to walk around the environment.

Anyway watch this space...it is going to get interesting one way or the other. The project is ongoing and will take some time to develop and get assets in to give a clearer picture of what we are doing. Thanks ND for the positive comments...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 11 17-09-2011 , 03:31 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
This project is moving forward however we do need more artists very badly.

# 12 19-09-2011 , 05:04 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
Our musician has put up his 2011 demo reel, I though I would share it in hopes for people to see our team's capabilities. We are still looking for a character artist and a character animator.

Action Showreel 2011 - YouTube

# 13 19-09-2011 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
Just sent you an email as I had missed your PM about Character artiest.

# 14 19-09-2011 , 08:46 PM
Carbon Studios CEO
I have responded to your email and I also added you to Google Talk.

# 15 19-09-2011 , 11:43 PM
Lifetime Member
wow cool stuff DR...now I wanna see ZOMBLIES!....

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes