Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-05-2007 , 08:17 PM

progress messages?

Hey, what happened to the progress messages in Maya 8.5? It used to be in Maya 7 that you could set MR to print out progress messages so you could see the status of your render or debug it if it's crashing. I don't see that option in the render settings anymore. Did Autodesk get rid of it? Are they trying to dumb down Maya to make it like Max? Does anyone know how to access this crucial function?

Thanks.
-dann

# 2 03-05-2007 , 12:33 AM
Hi Dann,
I hope this answers your question. If you're wanting to view the progress of rendering frames, then you can open the script editor. Windows/General Editors/Script Editor. There's also probably a shortcut button at the very bottom right hand corner of the screen (lower and to the right of the key). This will show you the progress. Note: sometimes it can take a couple of minutes before the progress information begins to display.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 03-05-2007 , 01:03 AM
Perfecto, it used to giv progress messages down there, but doesn't anymore. I just checked it again. I hate it when software companies take away such important features like this!

# 4 03-05-2007 , 01:13 AM
I have 8.5 Unlimited and it works fine on my machine (so far). I havn't gotten into animation yet, except for the bouncing ball tutorial that was in my F1 files. Maybe it has something to do with whatever settings you have since what you're doing is most likely more advanced than that bouncing ball tut.

If you want to give me some settings to try, I'll see if it works on my machine.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!