Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-10-2004 , 01:08 AM

Connecting a texture with a light

Hopefully sombody might know this!
I made a rotating planet. On one side of the planet is daylight on the otherside is nighttime (I used a spotlight as the sun source). I put an Incandescense map on the planet to show cities lit up at night. The Incandescense map is also showing up in the Daytime part. Is there a way to connect the light source to the Incandescense map and make the map dissapear when the light hits it? So in other words I want the cities lights to go out when its on the sun side and go back on when it hits the night side.

I need the light source to move and controll the texture because I might need the sun to move around the earth. Thank you.