Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-10-2004 , 07:28 PM

Hi! New guy here. Looking for help...

Hello Everyone!

I just downloaded Maya PLE 6.0. I'm starting to learn my way around the interface. There alot of information to digest. I've also started to get some of the tutorials here. What would you say is a logical flow in learning the program? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Simplyjoe

# 2 22-10-2004 , 08:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
well, navigating the interface would be the first thing to get the hang of.

Once you're there, it's time to actually make stuff. I'd recomend wrapping your head around polygons first as opposed to Nurbs or Subdivisional Surface (SubDs) as they're fairly simple compared to the others.

# 3 22-10-2004 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
I agree, when your ready to start modelling start with polys.

# 4 23-10-2004 , 02:58 AM
Thank you for the replies! Simple is good at this point of the learning curve. I'll start working with those polygons! Any other advise is always welcome for this newbie.

Swimming in data...

# 5 23-10-2004 , 06:32 AM
mess around with maya as much as you can.. and then mabye get a nice reference book to polish your understandings of the basics..

# 6 23-10-2004 , 08:06 AM
Subscriber
and the biggest time saver most people forget when starting out is to press F1 a lot. user added image