Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-07-2005 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber

Bounty Hunter

Here my new Game model I’m working on, he’s not for any thing in particular just for practice, My next task is to give him gear and weapons.
user added image

user added image

user added image
Thanks To Danny and his awesome Grid shader.

user added image

user added image

# 2 21-07-2005 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber
Nice. Poly count? *reminds me alot of those arcade style games for some reason, something like time crisis or tekken, good work*

# 3 22-07-2005 , 12:05 AM
Subscriber
user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 4 23-07-2005 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber
Thought Id fix his face a littleuser added image
user added image

user added image

# 5 28-07-2005 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
Getting ready to start on the uniform and padding.
user added image
user added image

# 6 28-07-2005 , 09:11 PM
Hmm, the eyebrows look sort of out of place being yellow. Other than that, you're doing good user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 7 01-08-2005 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
I like it alot, but up close his ears seem to flat, Im not saying to add more detail to them (that would +++ the poly count) but maybe just delete that face that makes it seem like a rectangle. If you dont know what I mean, just say so, Ill try to better explain it :shakehead:

# 8 01-08-2005 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
maybe you should say this is from a tutorial just so people don't get confused

# 9 01-08-2005 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
user added image

Yeah this character I'm making is from a Tutorial and the way they make the ear is flat like that, I still have to fix up the ear by texturing it but when its in a game you won't really see the ear up close so its not going to matter too much, plus it will be coverd by alpha hair as well, as soon as I get all the texturing down and get a new Mouse :headbang: (never get mad and slam your mouse down,, it brakesuser added image ) I will post a better picture, Ive had people tell me the proportions of the arms didn’t look right and legs, too short they say, so I got to run to BestBuys right now so I can take care of some mouse business :blush:

# 10 02-08-2005 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
Can you post a link to the tutorial, I'm currently in the process of making a low poly character myself, and wouldn't mind seeing other ways of making the progress.

Thanks

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 11 02-08-2005 , 10:13 AM
Subscriber
its not a free tut so it wouldn't be ok to post it here as Admin have pointed out many a time

# 12 02-08-2005 , 10:23 AM
Subscriber
No probs Spike, any chance of a link to the site where I could purchase said tutorial then.

# 13 02-08-2005 , 01:43 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by j5ive
No probs Spike, any chance of a link to the site where I could purchase said tutorial then.

Probuser added image hehe.

You can get the DVDs at Gnomon on their DVD page, its a cool bundel, but I would download the Cyclops videos by Kurt Boutilier here for painting and texturing. its one of the best texturing videos I'v seen, the ones I got from Gnomon are for movies not for gaming. Michael Mckinley has a gaming video here as well but its a time-lapse, I dont have it but it might be good, I never haved a bad video here at simply maya except the mech video from Dan they used to have a while back, The information was awesome but you had to watch it with out sound because it got annoying.user added image

Last edited by R-Tillery; 02-08-2005 at 01:47 PM.
# 14 02-08-2005 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
Yeah cheers, SpikeDudley passed me the link, though I doubt I will be purchasing the tutorial as its $59 per DVD of a 3 part set which I think is a tad extracting the urine. Think I will download the low poly female vid.

# 15 02-08-2005 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
Cant go wrong with thatuser added image