Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-03-2008 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber

The Warat Tribal Warrior

Yes Kurt-

I hope that you are the first to respond to this, anyways I am looking through the tutorial and I am not sure that you show how to Rig this character. If not can you please guide me to what would be a great resource to learn this.

Also do you have other cartoon characters other then what's on the site that you are working on fro sale. I want to learn as much as I can from you through your teachings, however I do have tons of questions regarding the triangular polys fro the end result, why? I was under the impression that the poly should always be quads.

If I am completely wrong it's because I am very new to modeling, so for this reason, I simply do not know what is what.

Kurt I work in the industry as a 2D artist for a company that I can not mention, and I was wondering, until I am up and running with My modeling. I could supply you with turn view of generic characters if you'd like. We would have to work something out of course, however if you needed a resource for this kinda thing just let me know.

I design toys and I am wanting to take my skill to another level and that is to create prototypes, so you see, for this reason, I need to really get my head around modeling.

As for the reason to learn how to rig characters, I need this for posing. I want to model the art/character out and move it to whatever position that I need, and I am sure that this may require certain kinds of rigging, but I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Savnacuser added image