Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-07-2009 , 10:54 PM
Subscriber

Nickelodean's 3d Contest

so the other night I was watching Malcolm in the Middle on Nick at Nite while trying to fall asleep and a commercial came on for a 3d contest, must be 18 to enter, you can enter as many as you want but they must be mailed separately, rules and contest instructions and all information can be found on the site.

I was thinking of sending one in but I can't think of something for only 15 seconds. Winner gets $5,000 and a chance to work with them on a 2 minute short (if I read it right, you'll have to double check)

Figured I'd share the information

https://www.nick.com/naf

rules:
https://www.nick.com/animation-festiv..._2009_0617.pdf

# 2 21-07-2009 , 11:13 PM
EduSciVis-er
Looks neat. The way I read it, the 5000 bucks has to be applied to the creation of a new animated short... and it's taxable... user added image

# 3 21-07-2009 , 11:17 PM
Ok the prize is 5k... only individuals or team work ?
sorry but no time to read i will read it tomorrow.

OK so if it is individual ... we can make a movie in team work and only one to present it ... then we divide the money :p user added image user added image user added image Yeah i'm bad ass :blush:

# 4 22-07-2009 , 12:12 AM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 22-07-2009 , 01:09 AM
Subscriber
now that I re-read it, yes it's $5,000 towards the 2 minute short

I'm pretty sure it's single person not group

Yes last years winner was pretty good, I like it quite a bit, made me laugh when the booger was hanging out of the nose.

# 6 26-07-2009 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
so anyone here working on a 15 second animation that they plan on sending in?

I'm working on one just to see if I can reach the deadline and figure out how to animate in the same time.

No need to share your ideas if you want to keep them secret, just wondering if anyone else is attempting this contest.

# 7 27-07-2009 , 06:02 AM
EduSciVis-er
I may have missed it reading through the rules and such, but does this have to be computer animated? I was thinking of doing some traditional animation or stop motion just for fun and learn some fundamentals about animation, so I don't know if I could send any of those things in.

# 8 27-07-2009 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
I'm pretty sure it needs to be 3d animated.