Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-06-2008 , 04:16 PM

more batch render problems!

i have been trying to render out the wireframe versions of my model....when i preview render the wireframe renders perfectly (mental ray render), but when i set off batch render it doesnt seem to pay attention to the render settings as it renders in a lower res, with shadows/lighting on and will not render the wireframe...it just renders out the shaded model! but the first time i batch rendered one frame if did render the wireframe!!! but no matter what i do now i cant get it to work!

im rendering out with IFF format, standard 1024 x 576, and am using the enable contour mapping to create the wire frame on the shaded model. (this is maya 2008 by the way)

am i doing something wrong or is batch render messed up?

many thanks for any help as rendering each scene and then saving is taking way too long!

Last edited by timp; 24-06-2008 at 05:14 PM.
# 2 26-06-2008 , 11:51 AM
Senior Software Developer
Are you using render layers?

I would suggest using render layers and render out the render layer for wireframe. The Batch Renderer will listen to the render layer settings and render whateva render layer is selected...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)