Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-01-2015 , 04:58 PM
EduSciVis-er

Measure Angle Tool

I built a tool to measure angles in Maya. I think it could be pretty useful. I know there are a few others out there like this, but I hope that this offers a bit more flexibility and functionality.

Blogpost and download link: https://biocinematics.blogspot.ca/201...asurement.html

Or just download from here: https://goo.gl/sEn3iP

I'd be happy to hear feedback, especially on versions of Maya other than 2015 on Win x64. Read the documentation at the beginning for usage.

Attached Images
# 2 12-03-2015 , 02:03 PM
the tool is gone....
at least both links are not responding.....
thank you.....
i would love to try your tool..... i see a need for it indefinatly with my geometry.....;-)

I built a tool to measure angles in Maya. I think it could be pretty useful. I know there are a few others out there like this, but I hope that this offers a bit more flexibility and functionality.

Blogpost and download link: https://biocinematics.blogspot.ca/201...asurement.html

Or just download from here: https://goo.gl/sEn3iP

I'd be happy to hear feedback, especially on versions of Maya other than 2015 on Win x64. Read the documentation at the beginning for usage.

The Universe is larger then you ever can think, But smaller then the size of your imagination.

all are welcome at www.ieoie.nl
# 3 12-03-2015 , 02:55 PM
EduSciVis-er
That's strange as the links work for me. Try right-click > save link as...

Or maybe I'll just upload it here. The only reason it's zipped is the forum doesn't accept mel files.

Attached Files
File Type: zip measureAngle.zip (3.2 KB, 1172 views)
# 4 14-03-2015 , 11:44 AM
thank you.... triad again to do a save as in IE & firefox the link sends me to a google page and returns
403. That’s an error.

We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know.

the link you gave me yesterday works just fine.... thank you, since i am learning to code in MEL as well i also thank you for you clear scripting..... who knows i can get some more basic understanding inside MEL

be well and thx...... you do great stuff...... love your works......

The Universe is larger then you ever can think, But smaller then the size of your imagination.

# 5 14-03-2015 , 07:39 PM
EduSciVis-er
Sorry, I see now that I have set the sharing settings wrong. Thanks for the heads up about that.

# 6 17-03-2015 , 09:22 AM
nice one..... thx a lot.....
you maybe have time to do a day webinar aboout MEL, through skype or team viewer....???
my understanding will grow on the specifics i want to learn, and you maybe have a great MEL tutorial to share the community.....
;-)
i will definatly have very nice questions, based on the newby MEL knowledge i have already gathered.....

# 7 30-04-2015 , 10:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
Hi ieoie,
Sorry for the very delayed reply. I've finished teaching a course on Maya and am planning to share the lectures on YouTube, including a few lectures on MEL. I'll be sure to share those once they're up.

Could you (or anyone) also check the goo.gl link on the first post and let me know if there is still a permissions error? I'm not sure if I fixed it properly.

# 8 03-05-2015 , 09:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi stwert, the Google link still works for me

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 9 09-10-2015 , 06:11 PM
Great tool. I love that it works with components. Thanks much!

# 10 09-10-2015 , 06:13 PM
EduSciVis-er
Great, glad it's useful for you!

# 11 07-01-2017 , 01:49 AM

snip

I cannot get the script to run in Maya 2016 SP6 as I get a syntax error:

// Error: measureAngle(\"UI\"); //
// Error: Line 1.14: Syntax error //

I put measureAngle(\"UI\"); in the command box of the UI button on my shelf. Am I missing something or is there a depreciated element of the code in the script that Maya 2016 does not recognise?

# 12 07-01-2017 , 01:53 AM
EduSciVis-er
Don't include the backslashes, it should just be: measureAngle("UI");

# 13 07-01-2017 , 05:57 AM
Thank you so much!

# 14 28-10-2017 , 04:50 PM
hi stwert

i downloaded d measuring angle plugin frm ur blog.but when i try to run it it gives an error saying // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "measureAngle". //.pls advice

# 15 28-10-2017 , 07:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
I believe you either need to run
Code:
measureAngle("UI");
or
Code:
measureAngle("Quick");
to run in either mode. Recommended UI mode, but read the documentation at the beginning of the mel file for some help.