Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 27-05-2004 , 11:02 AM
I quote myself: "It's a bit of everything" user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 17 27-05-2004 , 11:09 AM
Kevin
kurt...

If you serious and I know you are about the performance in your machine then save for a mutli processor system

Yep it cost a lot, but it is 10 x better IMO

Your system sounds a good spec so really this is the only majjor alternative you have, sure you can waste money on a new Gfx card, but I would reconmend waiting on the grf card that is costing 300 for now and pick it up at a pc fair for 30 bucks in 6 months time!

# 18 27-05-2004 , 11:17 AM
I got a dual proc system with 1gb of ram. While it isn't helping me when working in the UI or when calculating dynamics it certainly kicks ass. I can for example batch render using one processor and still continue working in the Maya or for example Photoshop using the other proc. Of course when I'm not in front of the computer I can render using both processors and the render times will be drastically shorter...

Two things I want't to upgrade on this machine are 1: more ram, 2: better video card (i'm on ancient GF2 GTS, which still is enough for most of the stuff I do).

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 19 01-06-2004 , 06:47 PM
Thanks guys... I think it more a v-card problem.... Screen goes white sometime when doing a render...

Which one should i look into:

nVidia Quadro4 780XGL, 980XGL

Or

nVidia Quadro FX 1100

and the pricey 3000

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb